201907.11
Off
0

News4Jax Report: Food Poisoning at Cooper’s Hawk Winery and Restaurant

coopers-hawk-1_1562776783385_22089318_ver1-0Over the past few days, News4Jax.com has provided continuing coverage of a case of severe food poisoning illnesses as a result of a food-borne parasite originating from Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant.

The food-borne parasite in question is named Cyclospora. At this time, we are representing more than 20 victims who have been affected by this nasty parasite, many of whom have been suffering the ill effects for 2 to 3 weeks or longer. Cyclospora’s effects take about a week to manifest, but when they do they include extreme gastrointestinal distress, nausea, fever, general weakness, loss of appetite, and other flu-like symptoms. As a result, those affected have had to devote time and money to visiting doctors, hospitals, and emergency rooms, as well as the always-unpleasant chore of communicating with insurance, as a result of contracting Cyclospora at Cooper’s Hawk.

This situation was brought to our attention thanks to the work of our friend and colleague, Shawn DeVries, who unfortunately is among those afflicted by Cyclospora as a result of eating at Cooper’s Hawk. It was further brought to the public’s attention by the work of Vic Micolucci and the News4Jax team, and you can read those reports here: Report 1; Report 2.

If you ate at Cooper’s Hawk between June 10th and June 24th and have been affected by Cyclospora, please contact us so that we can help you achieve resolution.