Legal malpractice occurs when your lawyer hurts you by being unprepared, sloppy, or negligent or by placing his or her interests ahead of yours. Legal malpractice has many forms, such as:
- Conflict of interest, where your lawyer is not working exclusively for you.
- Settlement of your case without your full authority.
- Settlement of your claim for far less than the actual value so that your lawyer can receive quick contingency fees.
- Failure to show up or properly prepare for a hearing.
- Failure to file your claim within the statute of limitations, which is the time legally allowed for filing your claim.
- Failure to file necessary documents or refusal to acknowledge court orders.
If you have been a victim of legal malpractice, please fill out our evaluation form to see if you have a case that we can handle for you. Legal malpractice claims require specialized and immediate attention.
The lawyer you hire to be your legal malpractice attorney will be the most important decision you make.
Not many attorneys are willing to handle legal malpractice cases, but at Schuler & Lee we believe that sloppy and unprofessional attorneys need to be held accountable for the harm they cause to their clients. Mr. Schuler and Mr. Lee compassionately and skillfully handled dozens of legal malpractice claims in Florida.
Legal malpractice cases are extremely complex and highly disputed. You need a malpractice attorney who has the experience, knowledge, confidence and courage to help you. The wrong choice can be a very expensive mistake.
If you are looking for a legal malpractice attorney in Florida, at Schuler & Lee we are ready to help. Learn more about your Florida legal malpractice attorneys.
Contact us to schedule a free consultation at (904) 396-1911.